The Bhatia Hospital started in 1932 as a 24 bed Maternity Ward. There were hardly any private Charitable Hospitals in those days and the Trustees made a small beginning with 24 beds.
This was made possible by Thackersey Family, who donated substantial amount in 1931 and formed a Charitable Trust and started the hospital in Mumbai for the benefit of poor and middle class.
Within a short span of 4 years the hospital moved into an imposing new building with the devotion and perseverance of Dr. Jadhavji Hansraj and a magnanimous contributions by Seth Vallabhdas Cursondas Natha who not only donated his estate at Tardeo but also gave Rs. 4 lakhs towards cost of construction of the new building in 1935, which accommodated 100 beds, a fourfold growth in just four years.
In 1935 to the 1964, a further step in expansion was completed with the addition of one more floor to the existing building, to accommodate a wing of well-equipped Operation Theatres, an Intensive Care Unit, Physiotherapy section and some Deluxe Rooms.
Contact us for free quote and information