Address: Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort, Chowwara P.O. South of Kovalam, Trivandrum, Kerala, India 695 501
Somatheeram Ayurveda Group manages and runs six interlinking brand names – Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort, Manaltheeram Ayurveda Beach Village, Soma Palmshore in Thiruvananthapuram, Soma Kerala Palace, Soma Birds Lagoon in Kochi and Soma houseboats in Alappuzha.
Somatheeram, a Somatheeram, classified Heritage Ayurveda Resort.
The resort opened its doors to welcome the first guests in 1985, and has since gone from strength to strength.
A perfect hideaway, with Ayurvedic therapy, Yoga and Meditation along with captivating and comfortable surroundings and service. This resort is the world’s first Ayurveda Resort.
Somatheeram and Manaltheeran both offer sun, white sands and some of the best beaches in the world, whilst focusing on rebalancing the body and mind through their programme of award winning ayurvedic treatments and yoga.
Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort provides guests with an unforgettably relaxing experience that will leave them refreshed, rejuvenated and rebalanced.
Located on the picturesque Malabar Coast, 7km south of the world-renowned Kovalam Beach, lies Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort and its sister property Manaltheeran Ayurveda Beach Village. Somatheeram spread around 15 acres of lush greenery, Set in a tantalising environment of palm trees, bewitching blue waters and sun soaked beaches.
India enjoys a pleasant and temperate climate, with warm sunny days most of the year.
Average temperatures range from 20 – 34 C
December to May is the hottest and driest period: temperatures average 28-30C, reaching 34C in May. August and September are the coolest months when it drops to 24C.
- Medicine Manufacturing: The availability of the genuine medicines is the major problem. To overcome this and give our guests the best of service, we have our own ayurveda medicine manufacturing unit, which is under close supervision of our team of doctors. A research and development wing is also in operation
- Ayurvedic Menu: Diet (Pathya) is an important factor in Ayurvedic Treatment. Over the years Somatheeram has been following a special Ayurvedic Menu, which was crafted by our team of doctors, based on the research with reference to old Ayurvedic Texts. Guests following the Ayurvedic programmes can also choose to dine from the range of 250 Ayurvedic dishes based on the Tridoshas (Vatha, Pitha and Kapha) properties.
- Team of Therapists: A team of 90 well experience therapists, most of them are hail from traditional ayurveda treatment families.
Somatheeram Ayurvedic Resort, the worlds first Ayurveda Resort sits in a tranquil and relaxing environment. The resort features an outstanding range of features and Ayurvedic treatments to purify, rejuvenate, slim, rebalance and de-stress lives, which have been in the fast lane for too long. With many treatments aimed at specific disorders, the resort merges the best of both worlds – health-regaining Ayurvedic treatments, stunning beaches, superb facilities, organic food, yoga and meditation.
Exclusive and celebrated Ayurvedic treatments are being offered at Somatheeram Ayurveda Resort in India to prepare the body, mind and soul for another fast paced and hectic year. All are designed specially for those clients who want to bring renewed universal energy, stress management, weight loss, personal growth, and a sense of balance to their lives.
- Ayurvedic Treatments: Ayurvedic is an ancient Indian science of ‘healthy living’ which aims to treat the same spectrum of mental and physical disorders as western medicines, as well as offering more aesthetic treatments to improve skin condition and body tone.
- Dining: Laying 200 feet above the sea and offering superb views, guests can enjoy an extensive menu of superb organic creations in the restaurant. Serving regional Indian specialties, tandoori, grilled, continental and chinese cuisines. Guests following the Ayurvedic programmes can also choose to dine from the range of 250 Ayurvedic dishes on offer.
- Accommodation: Somatheeram offers a variety of Kerala houses and cottages set amongst coconut groves. The resort has 80-double/twin accommodations in a variety of stunning cottages and traditional Kerala Houses (air-conditioned).
The very comfortable Kerala houses (air-conditioned) with their antique doors, pillars & furniture have three bedrooms, one deluxe with living room and the other ordinary room, which can be rented separately.
More traditional accommodation can be found in the round thatched cottages made of natural mud. Offering a less expensive option and lining the coast, these rustic cottages offer sea views
- Swimming Pool: Oyster shaped pool merging with blue sea, providing hypnotic view of the setting sun and set of Jacuzzis. The poolside has umbrellas and long reclining cots; beverages and light refreshments for the pool users will be served from the restaurant.
- Yoga: Yoga, the science of man, based on ancient Indian wisdom and culture, is an art of living a healthy and balanced peaceful and contented lifestyle.
The yoga and meditation programme at the resort is one of the best in the world. All classes are led by traditionally trained Indian gurus and take place on the beach on cool morning, or under a shade outdoors on warmer days.
- Team of Doctors: The Ayurvedic Center at Somatheeram Managed by an experienced team of 25 Ayurvedic doctors headed by Dr (Prof) M R Vasudevan Nampoothiri, BAM (Bachelor of Ayurveda with a First Class & First Rank), M D (Masters in Ayurveda), and former Director of Ayurveda Medical Education, Government of Kerala
- Treatment Rooms: The Ayurvedic Center at Somatheeram is located in two dedicated bungalows with 30 treatment rooms.
- Herbal Garden: SOMATHEERAM/Manaltheeram maintain a good herbal garden, with nearly 600 varieties of herbs. The destruction of forest and the scarcity felt in the availability of medicinal herbs have necessitated the plant cultivation of medicinal plants.
- Ayurveda Academy: Somatheeram is on a mission to spread the ancient knowledge of Ayurveda around the world. We no longer want to deprive the Western World from this fascinating traditional Indian method of healing. With the introduction of the Ayurveda Academy and by offering a wide selection of courses to interested students of Ayurveda, we believe we have reached another milestone in our mission.
- Recreation: Other recreational amenities include visits to the many places of interest in Kerala, such as Trivandrum, the backwaters, the Neyyar Dam and Wildlife Sanctuary and the Padmanabhapuram Palace.
The resort also provides guest with a cultural programme, bird watching, fishing, hiking/walking and can arrange tours to historical sites on request.
- Scope of Services